Monday, August 31, 2009

it ain't my birthday but i got my name on the cake.

Whaaaaaat this weekend was so ridiculous. I am still sleep deprived because of it.

Friday was the NO PANTS PARTAY. I had one of my emotional freakouts (argh) but dang! It was fun. I need to post pictures but I'm too tired to do that now - I'll have to do a pure picture update later. Besides, Kamna has all the good ones, as always.

Anyway, more house parties shall be thrown. We got several compliments on how fun it was, but I also had someone tell me that "everyone at that party got really sick or threw up." Well...maybe our next party will be moderation themed. NOT

Then Saturday Amber came into town. hi skuuuuuuuuuuuu! We caught up on the gossips over dinner. It's so nice to be able to walk a block to the square. Then we went to Tom and Jathin's House party. It was a zoo. If that many people had come to our place, our carpet would have been ruined for sure. Amber got tired early and went home, and Kamna and I tried to meet some first years. Then we decided it was a lost cause so we danced to "I'm on a boat" with Johnny in the living room....three person dance party? Because "I'm on a boat" did not attract any other awesome people, we knew for sure that it was a lost cause and decided to leave. (jk, jk) (not really.) Then we came home, heated up leftovers, and sat around chatting with Amber until 4am. Whoops. Did I mention that I was barely alive this whole day? I did not escape the plague of my own party.

And did we take a nice relaxing Sunday off? Oh no. Apparently Virgin Mobile throws a summer freefest every year, and it is actually literally free as in it costs zero dollars, so of course we went to Merriweather Post Pavilion, of Animal Collective album name fame, and saw soooooo many shows. And Red Bull parashooters, one of which was Richard Branson, all landing on the roof of the stage and spraying champagne everywhere. That man has fun. Anyway, we saw Jet, The Bravery, a little of The National, Weezer, half of Girl Talk, and most of Franz Ferdinand. The acoustics were great at the main pavilion stage. Weezer was a freaking blast. It was like seeing the last 10 years of my life flash by...while dancing like a crazy person. At Girl Talk, I wanted to be on stage, but at Weezer, it didn't matter. It felt more personal. It also felt like I should be playing Rock Band. Say it ain't soooooooooooo...

Then, tonight, Kamna's mom made us delicious Indian food and showed us acupuncture. The food was sooooo good. Nom nom nom. She's even taking us to class tomorrow! I think that means we don't have to leave as early. Woo hoo.

Other things happened over the weekend. Like Brandon leaving for Greenland. =(. I talked to him today, though, and he's made it as far as Denmark. Eek! I'm so nervous about his trip. It's too cold there for Texans.

On top of all this, I'm supposed to be studying. Right. Loading dose = concentration * volume of distribution / bioavailability. OH DANG did I retain something?? See parents, I do study. Sometimes. Maybe.

oh AND I stabbed myself in the eye on Saturday night with mascara, and I now have pink eye. WIN

No comments:

Post a Comment