Thursday, September 3, 2009

pretend all the good things are for you

I would update this blog more if I brought my computer to class, but it turns out I pay little to no attention if there is a computer available during lecture. Sacrifices must be made to the gods of academia.

Speaking of those "gods," they have deemed that we can't have any food in our lecture hall. They took away our free neoplasia breakfasts/coffee because we brought the food into the lecture hall. To punish us. Oh, I'm sorry. If we're having class from 8am to 1pm, we might get a little hungry in the meantime.

It's cool, everyone eats in there anyway. What can they do to us? There is actually no way to punish us. I want to start a blog called "Eating @ Armstrong Auditoriums" and post pictures I take during class of people chowing down, then send the blog link to the building administration. Just to spite them for taking away our free food. How low can you go?

James is in North Carolina right now with Tami. I think this makes me a bad friend. I wanted to go this weekend, but airline tickets were insane and I have an exam next Thursday, so spending 12 hours driving was not really feasible. And Tami had to work one of the days too. It feels ridiculous how close/yet far away I am.

So if you haven't read this article in the New Yorker, you should. Texas probably executed an innocent man. This has always been my problem with the death penalty. I would say sure, an eye for an eye, a life for a life, if you were 100% sure about guilt, but we're not infallible. We make mistakes. And how can you live with making a mistake of this magnitude? It's chilling to think about.

Another week of school is almost over. Labor day weekend has yet to shape up. Will I go to Philly? A Delaware beach? Ikea? ???

The weather has been absolutely beautiful lately. I don't remember this twilight summertime from last year, but that's probably because I had yet to suffer a mid-atlantic winter. So every bit of sunshine counts right now and I'm trying to store up against the cold. Like...a bear? I'm probably eating enough right now to go into hibernation. Class makes me eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment