Sunday, August 2, 2009

mae rim & my last sunday walking street.

Yesterday I played with four month old baby tigers! Pictures to come sometime in the next few months - they're on Adam's camera but he has no way to upload them until he gets back to the UK.
Anyway, they were so cute. They run floppily, like awkward teenagers. Like Simba in the Lion King even though (obviously) he was a lion, not a tiger.

Two of the babies were asleep but one was super playful and we spent the whole time playing tug of war with a stick with him. He made a funny growling noise from his throat while we were tussling. No squeaking like Leo and Buster, unfortunately.

However! I am still allergic to tigers! They are cats, after all. I itched the whole way home.

I saw a tiger taking a bath, too. Just chilling in a big pool of water. I also saw a full-size tiger peeing. Woah. Adam was all "oh, he's just dripping." Right.

Then we went to a snake show. Predictably, they threw a rope at me after talking about jumping snakes and predictably, I got the hell out of the way of the "snake." Sigh.

But by far the best part of the show was the ridiculous announcer dude. Adam and I were so tickled that we were giggling throughout the entire show. He had "the final countdown" on loop in the background, and would just mutter into the microphone things like "you can kiss snake. if you kiss snake, it kiss you! you can go to the DOCTOR!" in a rapid monotone. He must have said "you can go to the DOCTOR" 80 times. We could. not. stop. laughing. I'm not sure if Adam got a video in which you can hear him, but I really hope so.

In the back of the snake farm they had lots of cages with more snakes and for some reason lots of birds as well? One of the birds said hello to me in Thai. It scared the crap out of me. I thought it was some guy behind the cage, but no. It was this tiny bird. I guess it was a male, because it said "sawadee kop" (phonetic-ish spelling). Girls say kaaaaa. Yes, with that many a's.

Yes, I'm joking. I know that he person who trained the bird was male, not the bird itself. =p. Not joking about the kaaaaa that women do, though. At first I thought everyone was sort of mocking me? Or something? (self-centered reasoning, oh yes) But it turns out "kaaaah" is the polite ending to basically everything you say ever. I get emails from people in my office that say "Please return this key to me when you return United States kah." Okay kah.

Today Adam and I went to see Public Enemies before he left for a week to do work in some southern district. Since I leave on Friday, I won't see him again. Lame! But the movie was enjoyable. After that, since it was sunny, I rushed home to sunbathe. For a place that's so consistently warm, I've had trouble trying to even my tan lines out (it has a point - wearing a strapless dress to a wedding) because it's the rainy season and always slightly cloudy. Today was perfect. It was like Texas. I know I'm weird about loving insane heat. I know.

This post is getting too long. Tomorrow, left leg adventures and my last stroll down the walking street.

No comments:

Post a Comment