Wednesday, August 26, 2009

technology fail = life fail

We have a beautiful new building for class at Hopkins. It looks like the medical school of the future. However, it does not operate like the medical school of the future. Somehow they didn't think to test the videotaping technology, so my day yesterday went something like this:

9:30am: wake up. extremely pleased that i am still at home.
10am: dressed and ready to watch the first two lectures on my laptop
10:05am: suddenly very concerned about the absence of posted lectures
10:10am: gchatting with everyone online to figure out what's going on
10:15am: extremely frustrated that my stay-at-home plan is failing me
10:30am: go to safeway, buy brown sugar and vanilla
11am: bake a million cookies

Seriously. In my anger I baked soooooo many cookies. At least I didn't completely waste the day?

This is what it looks like if you actually go to class:


And that's the view I'll be seeing until they get their act together with the videotaping.

On the upside, living in my new house has been better than I could have hoped for. I will dedicate a post to my lovely house this weekend, after our first house party! It will be epic.


No comments:

Post a Comment