Wednesday, July 29, 2009

why doesn't this taste better?

DRAGON FRUIT
It looks like it should be in a video game. Like Yoshi would pop it out or eat it or something.

And it comes in two colors, too! White and pink. When you make a fruit shake with the deep pink/purple ones, it looks really lovely.


HOWEVER. They don't taste like much. They are like a weaksauce kiwi with crunches. Kinda like eating solid water. It makes me sad every time, because they look so cool. Sigh.

Imogen's going away party was on Monday night. She left Chiang Mai for good on Wednesday. So sad! She'd been here since January though, so she was ready to go back home.

We started at Small House (my new fav place) where there were a few games of jenga. I lost one game =(.

Then we moved to Monkey Club. Thais don't really dance - they have dance floors with all these tall tables, and you kinda stand around your table and bob up and down. Not farangs, though. We draw attention by dancing however we like. Don't ask me what I'm doing in the picture below, though. This is probably why I shouldn't dance.


My hair looks crazy but I can't help it. I wear it up all day because it's too humid and then at night I look like a mess. So it goes.

So now Jessica is gone (a friend I had back in June) and Imogen is gone and the number of people here that I know well is dwindling! Of course, I'm leaving in 8 days so I'll soon be among those leaving Chiang Mai behind. I can't wait for Mexican food, my pool, family, friends, big BBQ/crawfish boil, giving everyone their gifts, Voxtrot, an astros game, maybe getting up to Austin, etc.

And then it will be back to the grind. We got an email yesterday from our classmates about the exam schedule for next year. Ugh. Who's thinking about that right now? Disgusting.

2 comments:

  1. hey red,

    seem to be spending alot of time in the bars!
    Be careful over there. pretty cool looking fruit...it surely does look like it would have some taste. gifts? oh goody, something to go with my afrikan shirt!

    your humble servant,

    Chris Mc

    ReplyDelete
  2. cannot wait to have you back, hon! btw i love your hair like that. all beachy. hey it's summer.

    ReplyDelete