Sunday, October 2, 2011

Cape Tour - Oct 2, 2011

PS - I backdated one post to Sept 27, about the house I live in and Katie's bday party. Just sos you know!

These pictures are from our "cape tour" day in Cape Town, SA. It was an awesome day, full of some of the most spectacular views I've ever seen. I couldn't stop taking pictures, even though you never end up doing much with landscape pictures. Anyway! Above, you see the seals at Hout Bay. And below, the famous penguins from Boulder Beach!

King of the Hill.


OMG look at this crazy locust our tour guide just picked up! No fear.
Baboon right outside the car! He's blurry because I shot him through the window.


Omgggg beautifulness. I forget the name of this beach, but I shot it from a vantage point on Chapman's Peak Drive. A completely crazy road that's built into the side of a mountain, and still kills people when boulders fall down off the mountain. Though they did a big upgrade in 2007, so I felt slightly better while on it? Slightly.

I'm at the Cape of Good Hope! The most South-Western point on the African continent!! sooo cool. (Check out the Afrikaans spelling on the R. Most hilarious language ever?)


We then hiked from the Cape of Good Hope to Cape Point. It was sooo beautiful. This is my new happy place in my head.

A lot of the hikes made me feel like I was on the edge of the world. All the way to Cape Point! That's "other Jessica," haha, or Jessica Bloome, who works with me (and lives with me) in Tororo. Don't worry, I'm "other Jessica" half the time.
There are probably about 1000 more pictures from just this day, and many many more to come from the other days of our trip. I can't wait to share them with you - more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment