Tuesday, October 6, 2009

when the first cup of coffee tastes like washing up

I have hit a new low: I am dreaming about doing laundry. Even my dreams are trying to help me be more efficient with my time.

To thwart them, I spent a while today making a coffee cake. I have yet to taste it, but based on smell alone, it will be delicious. Pictures and review to come.

One of the most thought-provoking things in my pathophysiology notes is this:
On average, chemotherapy's per-person survival gain is 10 months.
Coronary bypass's is 20 months.
And highly active anti-retroviral therapy (HAART) for HIV gives a whopping 43 year gain per person.

I find this to be staggeringly amazing. Intelligent drug design at its finest. And even more amazing - this accomplishment after, at the very beginning of the HIV epidemic, the US government tried to sweep the whole thing under the rug and give as little research money as possible to those on the front line looking for the virus. Quite the turn around.

Bryan and Tom are randomly, separately, both in town this weekend. I have the biggest test of the year on Monday. The timing is incredible, but somehow no less than I expect from them. Antics to follow?

No comments:

Post a Comment