Friday, October 16, 2009

happy diwali!

Yesterday we had a dinner party to celebrate Diwali. Diwali was described to me as "Indian New Year's," and also as a festival of lights. Unfortunately I did not learn much about Diwali besides the part about lights and how we are not supposed to have wine glasses in that picture. Ignore those.

Also, Kamna let me borrow her clothes so you'll get to see me in full Diwali regalia. But first!

Last Friday Tom and Bryan came into town. The next time we're all in the same city, I have to dress up in a bear outfit when we go out. I lost a bet.

For some reason, I look extremely pleased that I will soon be a bear, and Bryan looks constipated. Poor Bryan. Maybe you should consult Dr. Trashcan.

For the record, I will in fact be a better doctor than a trashcan. SOMEDAY.

On Monday we took our horrendous Micro/ID exam and now it is finally finally over. There has been much celebrating this week as a result. Monday was the post-exam party, Wednesday was Paul's birthday, and yesterday was Diwali.




It was so cold in the last photo. We were outside for no more than the two minutes the sparklers took to burn down. But for those two minutes we were dancing around like crazy people. The boys (men?) stayed indoors and may or may not have been mocking us.

The weather is awful. Honestly, I love fall. Weather in the 50-70 degree range can be nice, especially with the sun out, and the leaves are all crunchy underneath your feet. Unfortunately, this week has been the equivalent of winter in Texas - already in the 40s. The worst part is the rain, though. The once-crunchy leaves become mushy and your pants never stay dry. I just want to stay indoors and drink hot tea and sleep.

I'm off to catch a plane to North Carolina to see Tami. I haven't seen her in forever. She's probably forgotten what I look like. How will she know who I am at the airport???

No comments:

Post a Comment