Tuesday, September 29, 2009

i made this!

Homemade yellow cake w/chocolate icing. The icing was a little strange - made with sour cream. (I liked it but it got mixed reviews.) I wish the cake had been perfect, but it was a little dry. Mom says I probably overbaked it. I give it like a 5.5/10. Maybe a 6.5 after you leave it in the car for a few hours and it gets moist. Haha.

Kamna did the design because I knew I would mess it up. A hispanic quarter century?

Nom nom. Despite its not being the best thing I've ever made, most of it was eaten. I made it for my roomie's birthday so we took it to the birthday dinner. 25 hungry people left little cake behind.

It was my first attempt at a two-layer cake, so hopefully I will have better luck next time. I also took the recipe off a food blog, which does not have the pre-approved nature of family recipes.

PS Points to whoever read "I made this!" and heard the little kid's voice saying that after the credits on an xfiles episode.

2 comments: