Sunday, October 25, 2009

the last good weekend

I don't think there is a similar concept in the South, where it never really gets cold. But today in Princeton was likely the "last good day," ie, the last time the sun would be shining strongly enough to lend appreciable warmth, so everybody took that one last venture outside that didn't require full winter gear. Brandon and I went to Princeton Battlefield and crunched around in the leaves, where he took a really flattering photo of me. To quote him, "it's like a Bigfoot sighting."

It's funny cause it's true. Anyway, I also ate a pumpkin donut today, so overall an overwhelmingly sucessful "last good day." And now I'm back in Bmore, dreading the work week. School week? Same same.

Have I mentioned I love that part of fall? The let's-flavor-everything-pumpkin part? I love pumpkin bread and pumpkin cheesecake and pumpkin ale and pumpkin spice lattes.

Crazily enough, not that fond of pumpkin pie. I feel that other pies tend to put pumpkin pie to shame.

I don't know if we've had our last good day in Baltimore yet, but at least I'm prepared this time with a warm coat. No more hiding out in the tunnels this year - I will have to go outside every day. Oh, the horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment