Monday, September 21, 2009

the moth

I have a new obsession: The Moth podcast. It's just a podcast where people tell uninterrupted stories with no notes. Some are hilarious, some are frightening, some are insightful, but they are unfailingly good because they are always told with a tremendous amount of voice. You feel like you know the person telling the story by the end. And you usually like them.

Anyway, this (and other podcasts, namely This American Life & Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me) do an amazing job of speeding up your drive. I drove up and back from Princeton and the time just flew by. I love it. It's the perfect compromise. I can't listen to books while I drive (because if I get distracted, even for one instant, I stop listening) and one plot for the entire drive can be tedious. And what if you don't like the book? The podcasts switch things up every fifteen minutes or so. And music usually entertains me for a while, but I can get bored eventually while driving if all I have is la musica. So! Glory be to public radio. Which I burn onto a CD, but anyway.

Princeton was fun. I like it there, even if Brandon doesn't. Of course, I have the luxury of visiting. It's a pretty little place to visit. Too quiet and too cold to live there, though. I'll take pictures in the wintertime and post them so you can see how it's like a fairy tale town in the snow. It looks magical.

Unfortunately, since coming home, I've been ill all day. Hopefully I will be 100% by tomorrow because this week is going to require me to use all the time I've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment