Friday, July 17, 2009

no flight of the gibbons =(

So, the original plan was that I was going to go ziplining tomorrow. Crazy stuff! But then my friend and I decided we are going to go to Laos next weekend, so to save money we canceled on the ziplining. I still really want to go, though. Maybe my last weekend.

It's probably best that I don't go tomorrow, anyway, because I have this cough/itchy throat. Ugh. I'm sure it's a virus because the throat part started while I was still on antibiotics, so I'm just going to have to wait this one out. Don't worry mom, I am taking decongestants & Robitussin & Tylenol.

The plan for Laos is this:
Leave Thursday, take 7 hour bus to border
Cross border on ferry
Spend the night in Huay Xui
Take the slow boat to Luang Prabang - this takes two whole days!
Arrive Saturday
Do whatever sightseeing we can on Saturday night/Sunday morning
Fly back Sunday afternoon.

It's crazy. We don't really have enough time to do anything in Luang Prabang, but temples at night can be just as pretty as temples during the day. It's a UNESCO World Heritage Site, so it should be beautiful. Maybe she and I can just rent a motorbike and cruise around the town by ourselves - that would give us more time.

This Sunday I might go rock climbing or hike to the top of Doi Suthep. All assuming I get better, of course. But I hope so because it stinks being sick on the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. eat some chicken noodle soup........or being in laos, it may be chicken head

    hope ya feel better, red

    Chris

    ReplyDelete