Wednesday, July 22, 2009

boo thieves and thievery.

Frig.

As I was driving home from yoga yesterday, my purse was snatched off my motorbike. I was turning on to the street where my apartment is from a main street, and a guy turned with me and drew up really close beside me. I thought he wanted to tell me something or I was going to glare at him so I turned my head toward him, and he snatched my bag out of my basket and rocketed off.

Like a crazy person, I started screaming and yelling "THAT **#&$#& STOLE MY PURSE! STOP HIM!" etc, and I chased after him on my moto. Unfortunately, I can't drive a motorbike like a Thai, and he got way ahead of me and I would have been risking serious personal injury to keep driving like a madwoman, so I turned around and came home. I was so angry I was shaking.

Also, yelling in English has zero value here, because nobody understood what I was saying. Argh.

My apartment complex actually has the robbery on-camera.
Hilarious: The camera doesn't zoom, so they can't read his plates or the model of his bike.

Anyway, I lost:
my new fake RayBans (oh well)
money, credit cards, debit cards
keys to my apartment
camera
phone
a book

And that's about it. After a lot of hassle in the States, my parents were able to send me some money. Thank goodness for that, because I leave for Laos in less than 24 hours. Also thank goodness that my passport/airline tickets/bus tickets were all safe at home. Dodged a bullet on that one.

As an extra "you suck, Jessica" from the world, I have one of those sore spots on my tongue that hurts every time I move it. I can't wait for today to be over. Tomorrow, on to Laos!

No comments:

Post a Comment