Tuesday, May 3, 2011

everything hits at once

There are too many things in my life that are about to happen, and they are paralyzing me. It's almost exactly like this blog post:

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/06/this-is-why-ill-never-be-adult.html

Technically, I'm not that busy right now. I just work from like 6:30am-7 or 8pm every day. That's pretty standard in med school, especially on a sub-i. But everything that's going to happen in June/July is freaking me out and wearing me down. I should be able to focus on the joy of taking care of babies again, and all I want to do is play on the internet and sleep. Mostly sleep, actually.

June:
-take step 2 CS
-get all my rec letters for meds/peds
-oh btw decide between meds and peds, which i am finding to be friggin difficult
-move out of my house
-say goodbye to bmore peeps
-spend quality time with brandon
-go to vegas
-go to houston, see parents, see grandparents, get cavities filled
-go see the final space shuttle launch??
-take step 2 CK (maybe, maybe in July)

July
-store my car somewhere? i dunno where. anyone need a car for a year? jk.
-go to bethesda for international doris duke orientation
-go to UCSF
-subset of this: MUST FIND PLACE TO LIVE. actually got a bunch of replies today to a craigslist post. should i live with a 35 year soprano with a bunny but no living room, or a family of 3 with a spare room? or in a weirdly ornate house but in a great location? also, why are they all so anal about having overnight visitors? it's not like i'm going to have a bunch of randos all night every night.
-maybe take step 2 CK here if i don't get around to it in June.

FREAK OUT.

unfortunately, i am just worrying about all of those things instead of doing the things i am supposed to be doing, like patient care, studying, cleaning, and packing so that June and July don't implode in my face. yup. wish me luck. and if i haven't called lately, i'm sorry, but i'm probably curled up in a corner somewhere hyperventilating. or sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment