Sunday, February 27, 2011

the worst part of waking up

is when you realize that you slept through your alarm or it never went off, and you now have exactly 7 minutes before you need to leave the house to get to work on time.

That happened to me this morning, and it left me in a bad mood all day. I didn't feel human again until I got home and was able to take the shower that I had meant to wake up in time for. ugh! I am such a morning shower-er, no matter how early that means I wake up. I even woke up and showered before rounds on surgery. Looking back, that was just madness.

Anyway, it stinks when you have to use your only free hours all weekend to study, grocery shop, do laundry, spend money to take an expensive medical licensing exam, and send in reimbursement receipts. I guess these are the sort of things I usually do in free time, but today I had to get it all done after already going in to work. Errands spread out over a few days are tolerable, but all at once? Not my style.

They still haven't given out any of the important Oscars yet. I wish I lived in a more reasonable time zone; this is killing me. I've gotta sleep! Get this over with already!

I'm hoping for a better mood when I wake up tomorrow. Only 4 days of medicine left!

PS Will write about CDC/ATL at some later date, when I am no longer tired of talking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment