Monday, December 19, 2011

it's Christmas at our house!

I told myself you didn't really need a Christmas tree or Christmas decorations for it to feel like Christmas, but let's face it. Those were just silly lies I was telling myself! And holiday-themed stores popped up in town, in Tororo, and it was so easy to buy a little plastic tree and string it with fruit-lights!

Thank goodness we had power last night when I brought it home, because without the lights it's just a scrawny piece of green plastic.


It's adorable. They literally sat like this for at least 5 minutes, which must be some sort of record. <3

Jess Bloome's uncle sent this ridiculously awesome package full of kids' toys, like, pills that you put into water that turn into a train, a spinning spaghetti fork, and an animation praxismoscope (??). So we wrapped everything up and put it under the tree!!

Once we put the presents under it, Hope just looks longingly at the stuff she's not allowed to open. I'm actually really surprised they haven't been ripped into yet.

YAY CHRISTMAS
I'm super busy at work, and everything seems to be going wrong. Not with my experiments per say, but I can't analyze the data I'm getting from the experiments because literally everything in my technological warchest has imploded. SO. The next two days before I leave are going to be totally crazy busy.

And then I'm off to Zanzibar!!! Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment