Wednesday, November 2, 2011

jinja timez

things i gained in jinja:
1 roll double stuff oreos
1 roll peanut butter/choc swirl oreos
1 roll chips ahoy
3 small packages of pringles, one labeled "cheezy cheese"
1 terrifyingly sweet honey green tea
1 twix bar, immediately consumed
1 LED flashlight
FIRST PLACE PRIZE (a bottle of Amarula) FOR COSTUMES @ NRE as the Jager Bombardiers:


things i lost:
my jawesome headlamp =(

It was probably worth it.

The party was fun, and it was crazy different from our normal Tororo snails-pace life. After the party we went to the Hairy Lemon, which is a little island in the middle of the Nile that is basically made for chilling. And for kayaking, if you are so inclined.


I figure I better put off my major rafting and/or kayaking adventures until Mom sends me some contacts, because it might just be a bad thing to lose a pair of glasses to the Nile.

Sunrise at the Lemon was beautiful. I couldn't sleep, maybe because a monkey dropped onto the roof like BAM and I was like "WTF was that" because in my dream the bunk beds were dominoes and had all tipped each other over and I was like "oh good thing I'm in the middle of the room not in a bunk!" So I actually said "what was that?" out loud, but nobody responded and I figured it out, and then in the morning it turns out everyone had heard me and just chose to ignore me. PEOPLE = LAMEZ
MONKEYZ=LOUD
SUNRISE= AWESOME

On the ride home we got a call from Jess Bloome that the kids had somehow dropped and injured Ellie and so I was freaking ouuuuut all the way home, but when we got there she seemed ok, but breathing a bit weirdly. Katie was able to take her to the vet this morning (which we only knew about because I happened to get his number from a lady who sold me heartworm medication in town...because he doesn't work in the building labeled as the veterinary office anymore) and the doctor said her pulse was high and she was running a temp, and gave her some antibiotics. (The trip to the vet was apparently a blog post in itself - I'm sorry I missed it.) She seems to be doing better for now (and I have no idea what the truth is about what's really wrong with her, though I did try listening to her little puppy lungs) and I'm hoping for the best. We have to teach Hope and Feena to be a wee bit gentler. Anyway, keep Ellie in your thoughts.

That whole paragraph feels like a run-on sentence. Sorry.

ALSO termites were eating our wood!! Oh nos. So we have to treat the wood for the fence for our eventual garden that will keep out our eventual goat. Weirdness.

We maybe have figured out what is wrong with what I'm doing in the lab. Maybe. In 10 days we shall know for sure! I really hope it works cuz I am tired of working and then having no results to show for it. Le sigh.

T-1 day till furniture
T-3 days until possible Kindle and Ipod nano

YAY

No comments:

Post a Comment