Thursday, March 31, 2011

wooooo

I survived my first week of sub-i, and two 30 hour calls. I do not yet have the amazing ability of residents to think of and do 30 different things at once. But I can see now that I am desperately going to need that ability to survive! (Or at least, to make sure my patients survive....)

The hardest things to deal with on crutches are the little things. Like putting on contact precautions before going into more than half of the rooms. It's annoying with two normal feet. On crutches, it is utterly ridiculous. My residents actually open up the yellow gowns and "dress" me. I can't wait to end THAT. Or the way I hold up the ENTIRE TEAM when we go from floor to floor on rounds. Stairs are an essential part of rounds. Elevators are unheard of. I can go about one floor, but more than that I need the elevator.

Anyway, I am exhausted, so I am going to go nap. Or buy a ticket to VEGAS! That too.

No comments:

Post a Comment